Angela represents clients in civil and criminal matters in a wide array of industries. Her experience ranges from government investigations and corporate monitorships to complex commercial contract disputes, securities class action suits, and alternative dispute resolution.
Angela assists with case strategy, including coordination with joint defense counsel, manages document productions, and prepares clients for interviews with company counsel, government investigators, depositions, and trial testimony. Angela works closely with clients and strives to understand their interests and keep them informed of case developments.
Angela joined LSW from a federal judicial clerkship at the trial level with the Honorable Roslynn R. Mauskopf in Brooklyn, New York. Prior to her clerkship, Angela was a litigation associate at Sidley Austin.
Angela maintains an active pro bono practice. She has played a leading role in representing over a dozen pro bono clients and assisted in the representation of several others, including:
- Represented indigent defendants in charged criminal cases in federal court, including arguing before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Argued criminal appeal in the Appellate Division, First Department.
- Filed ongoing immigration applications and successfully terminated removal proceedings.
- Collaborated in drafting briefs to the U.S. Supreme Court as amici and for certiorari.
- Represented an individual in proposed debarment proceedings.
- Represented a decades-old community garden in the Lower East Side in an adverse possession suit.
Angela is fluent in Mandarin and conversational in French and Spanish.Show More +
- Represented a manager in the meat production industry against potential antitrust allegations.
- Represented a former investment banking employee in connection with fraud allegations.
- Represented an international banker in connection with allegations of tax evasion.
- Prepared non-party witnesses for deposition and trial testimony relating to violations of the Advisers Act.
- Represented international petroleum company in connection with OFAC investigation.
- Represented non-profit cultural organization in responding to U.S. Senate letter.
- Advised company in response to threatened litigation.