Brice represents companies in high-stakes commercial litigation in federal and state courts in a wide range of business disputes. Brice’s practice also includes representing individuals in investigations by the Department of Justice, U.S. attorney’s offices, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission into allegations of securities fraud, mail fraud, money laundering, and violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Clients value Brice’s quick thinking and attention to detail. He works on high-stakes commercial disputes, bringing to bear significant experience in a wide range of legal topics and stages of civil litigation, including supervising document discovery, witness preparation, and motion practice. Brice has drafted complaints and numerous motions, including motions to quash subpoenas in the Southern District of New York and other federal district courts, successful motions to dismiss cases in the New York Supreme Court Commercial Division, and a motion for a preliminary injunction.
In addition to commercial litigation, Brice’s practice focuses on white-collar criminal and civil regulatory actions, where he has engaged in document discovery, conducted extensive fact interviews, and prepared for and participated in numerous presentations to federal prosecutors on the client’s behalf. By exhaustively researching legal issues and developing the facts of complex business and financial cases, Brice effectively prepares individual clients for depositions and interviews with regulators and federal prosecutors. He also represents attorneys and law firms in matters before the New York Attorney Grievance Committee.
Prior to joining LSW, Brice served as a judicial law clerk at the federal trial level for the Honorable P. Kevin Castel in New York City.Show More +
- Representation of large recycling and renewable energy facility in civil action against waste management company for breach of critical supply contract and preliminary injunction.
- Representation of large New York City law firm defendant in multiple New York Supreme Court Commercial Division cases involving allegations of breaches of fiduciary duty, fraud, and other torts, resulting in dismissal of the cases.
- Representation of various individuals and non-profit entities in connection with subpoenas served in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York and the District of Nevada seeking discovery in aid of a foreign proceeding.
- Participated in pool counsel representation of multiple employees of international energy corporation in context of federal grand jury investigation; advised and prepared individual clients for internal investigation interviews and proffers to U.S. Department of Justice; coordinated with foreign counsel regarding parallel non-U.S. investigation.
- Assisted in defense of attorney before Attorney Grievance Committee that resulted in overturning finding of misconduct.
- Assisted in the preparation of multiple attorney proffers to Department of Justice in mail fraud case.
- Assisted in settlement negotiations with plaintiff’s counsel over threatened litigation before a New York City administrative agency.
- Represented senior executive of large non-profit corporation in False Claims Act investigation by U.S. Department of Justice – Civil Division.
“New Criminal Rule 5(f) Could Alter Brady Disclosure Timing,” Law360 (November 30, 2020)Show More +
- Super Lawyers
- Rising Star
- Historical Society of the New York Courts
- Young Lawyers Committee
- Federal Bar Council
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association