David advises individuals and companies in a wide range of matters, including government investigations, white collar criminal cases, and complex business litigation.
In his criminal practice, David advises clients involved in governmental investigations at the federal, state, and local levels—from the U.S. Department of Justice to the Securities and Exchange Commission, multiple jurisdictions of the U.S. attorney’s offices, multiple states’ attorneys general, the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office, and the New York State Offices of the Inspector General.
David regularly advises clients who have received grand jury subpoenas and other forms of government process requesting information, and helps clients navigate privilege and confidentiality issues. David has experience making presentations to prosecutors and preparing clients for testimony or interview in a variety of situations.
David also represents clients in civil matters, with a focus on business litigation. David uses the skills he developed as a law clerk to help achieve the resolution of discrimination claims as part of the LSW team assisting John Siffert, who was appointed special master and mediator in Gulino, et al. v. Board of Education, a Title VII class action in federal court in New York alleging disparate impact racial discrimination against a class of African American and Latino/a teachers.
David maintains an active pro bono practice, including working with the Legal Aid Society’s Homeless Rights Project to vindicate the legal right to shelter in New York City on behalf of homeless families.
Prior to joining LSW, David served as a judicial law clerk at the federal trial level for the Honorable Richard J. Leon in Washington D.C. and at the federal appellate level for the Honorable Dennis Jacobs in New York City.Show More +
- Counseled a witness interviewed in an investigation related to a derivative shareholder suit.
- Served as pool counsel to more than three dozen potential witnesses in civil and criminal investigations of tax and wire fraud by U.S. and foreign governments.
- Counseled a witness in an investigation of potential emissions fraud in both the civil and criminal context.
- Counseled a former municipal employee in a criminal investigation of public corruption.
- Counseled a company in a grand jury investigation of potential honest services fraud related to a private organization’s amateurism rules.
- Prepared a former CFO for testimony in an investigation by Enforcement Division of the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Briefed and argued a motion to dismiss a billion-dollar fraud complaint in Manhattan federal court.
- Federal Bar Council
- Inn of Court
- First Decade Committee
- New York City Bar Association