Lise’s practice focuses on white collar defense, government investigations, litigation involving the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and advising individuals in connection with grand jury subpoena compliance in matters involving numerous industries. She has represented clients before multiple government agencies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, and the New York County District Attorney’s Office.
Lise has experience in complex cross-border matters that required her to obtain evidence via letters rogatory and prepare for depositions that were governed by foreign law. She has conducted both fact and expert witness depositions in the United States and abroad. She has experience preparing clients for testimony and otherwise assisting them with developing strategies to navigate the criminal justice system and other legal proceedings. Lise has also advised clients in matters involving professional ethics.
Lise maintains an active pro bono practice focused on representing clients in criminal matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Lise clerked at the federal trial level for the Honorable Denise Cote in New York, and then at the federal appellate level for the Honorable Gerard E. Lynch, also in New York.Show More +
- Conducted internal investigation for a multinational corporation in response to whistleblower allegations regarding corporate governance issues and potential breaches of fiduciary duties.
- Represented former executive in complex litigation with the Securities and Exchange Commission in a matter involving over thirty depositions, many of which were taken abroad pursuant to letters rogatory.
- Represented individuals who received grand jury and civil subpoenas in a variety of industries, including the pharmaceutical industry.
- Prepared clients for interviews with company counsel in corporate internal investigations conducted by public companies.
- Prepared executives for government interviews involving both prosecutors and regulators.
- Provided professional ethics advice to attorneys in responding to subpoenas.
- Represented pro bono an individual in connection with a motion for compassionate release in federal court.
- Represented pro bono an individual in connection with a motion for a reduced sentence under the First Step Act and argued the motion in federal court.
“COVID-19 Considerations for Recipients of a Federal Grand Jury Subpoena To Testify,” Practical Law (April 29, 2020)
“Hall v. Florida and Ending the Death Penalty for Severely Mentally Ill Defendants,” 124 Yale L.J. F. 34 (2014).Show More +
- Best Lawyers in America “Ones to Watch” (2021)
- Criminal Defense: White Collar
- Litigation – Securities
- Federal Bar Council
- New York City Bar Association