Frank Wohl Chairs “Ethical Considerations for Corporate Investigations in the World of COVID-19”
Founding partner Frank Wohl hosted his ever-popular annual event at the Bar Association of the City of New York, moderating an all-star lawyer panel discussing ethical issues in the context of corporate internal investigations. This year’s program devoted special attention to ethical issues raised by circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This annual update program explores current issues and recent developments relating to ethical duties and responsibilities of attorneys and other participants in corporate internal investigations involving public companies and other entities. These issues were discussed from the point of view of counsel for the entity, investigating counsel, counsel for individual executives and government representatives. Issues included protection of client information, conflicts of interest, the attorney-client privilege, counseling of employee witnesses, and interaction with government agencies.
The top-flight panel consisted of the following attorneys:
- Richard F. Albert — Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello PC
- Carrie H. Cohen — Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Prof. Bruce A. Green — Fordham University School of Law
- Amy E. Millard — Clayman & Rosenberg, LLP
- Breon Peace — Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton, LLP
- Damian Williams — S.D.N.Y. Co-Chief, Securities and Commodities Fraud Task Force