International executives facing a US internal investigation: what to consider
In the interdependent global economy, and with growing cooperation among regulators, it is increasingly likely that international executives will experience a US-style corporate investigation at some point. In the February issue of Financier Worldwide, LSW partner Gabi Friedman and counsel Ramya Kasturi suggest some issues to consider when an executive is asked to provide an interview in an US-managed internal corporate investigation.
The authors consider topics including:
- Why would a US corporate investigation take place overseas?
- Document preservation notices
- Is submitting to an internal interview required?
- Is it advantageous to submit to an internal interview?
- Should an executive have counsel at the interview?
- Should a witness sign an interview memo?
- What happens after the internal investigation?
The article is available here.