Rosie represents individuals and organizations in both federal and New York state courts. Her experience spans a wide range of civil disputes and litigation, including contract disputes among financial institutions, claims of fraud, negligence, and other alleged misconduct involving financial professionals, as well as issues of legal ethics, and civil RICO claims. She has represented individuals in connection with Department of Justice investigations of alleged wire fraud, tax fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act violations, and money laundering. She also has represented executives and professionals in connection with SEC enforcement investigations and various federal and state criminal investigations and prosecutions.
In 2012 through 2013, Rosie represented an individual defendant charged with fraud and larceny in a three-month criminal trial in New York Supreme Court that resulted in a jury verdict acquitting the client of all charges. In 2015, she represented a small community bank charged with larceny, mortgage fraud, and other charges in a several-month criminal trial in New York Supreme Court that also resulted in an acquittal on all charges. After graduating from law school, Rosie served as judicial law clerk at the federal appeals court in Atlanta, Georgia and as an associate in the bankruptcy and restructuring group at a major Atlanta-based law firm.Show More +
- Representation of construction company executive charged with fraud and grand larceny in three-month jury trial in New York Supreme Court, resulting in acquittal of all charges.
- Representation of small community bank charged with larceny, mortgage fraud, and other charges in a several-month criminal trial in New York Supreme Court, resulting in acquittal on all charges.
- Representation of major financial institution in litigation against another major financial institution involving alleged breach of participation agreement, resulting in summary judgment in favor of the client.
- Representation of financial services executive in connection with Department of Justice investigation of tax shelters, resulting in no charges against the client.
- Representation of executive of major financial institution in connection with SEC investigation of accounting issues, resulting in no charges against the client.
- Representation of automotive industry executive in connection with Department of Justice investigation of potential fraud, resulting in no charges against the client.
- Representation of law firm in grievance proceeding in the Southern District of New York, resulting in no action against the client.
- Representation of individual defendant in civil RICO litigation, resulting in affirmance by Second Circuit of dismissal of claims against the client.
“How the CARES Act Will Affect Federal Criminal Justice,” LinkedIn (March 31, 2020)
“Grand Jury Practice,” chapter, White Collar Crime: Business and Regulatory Offenses, Obermaier & Morvillo, eds. (2011) (co-author with John R. Wing)
“Bills of Particular,” chapter, Defending Federal Criminal Cases: Attacking the Government’s Proof, Diana D. Parker, ed. (2016) (co-author with John R. Wing and Celia A. Cohen)Show More +
- Super Lawyers
- Rising Star
- New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Federal Bar Council
- Inn of Court, Member (2010-2016)
- New York City Bar Association
- Committee on Legal Services for Persons of Moderate Means, Chair (2010-2013)