Joanne represents individuals and entities in civil and white collar criminal matters, regulatory proceedings, and internal investigations. She has represented clients in high profile investigations concerning allegations of insider trading, accounting fraud, money laundering, and economic sanctions violations. She has experience in federal and state court litigation, as well as arbitration and mediation of complex contract and commercial cases.
As part of her practice, Joanne has represented clients in matters and investigations instituted by the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorneys’ Offices, Securities and Exchange Commission, New York County District Attorney’s Office, New York Attorney General’s Office, and New York State Division of Financial Services. She has also represented professionals in disciplinary matters before state licensing boards.
Before joining LSW, Joanne served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Joseph W. Bellacosa on the New York Court of Appeals, the highest court in the New York State court system.Show More +
- Represented multiple employees of a bank, including Chief Head of Compliance, in long-running joint investigation by U.S. DOJ, U.S. Attorneys’ Office, New York County District Attorney’s Office, and New York State Division of Financial Services involving allegations of economic sanctions violations and inadequate anti-money laundering controls.
- Represented individual in insider trading investigation by Securities and Exchange Commission, resulting in individual’s receipt of no action letter.
- Represented defunct law firm in connection with criminal action brought by New York District Attorney’s Office.
- Represented accountant in action brought by Securities and Exchange Commission alleging violations of securities laws based on accounting firm’s audit of public company.
- Represented Special Committee of Board of public company and conducted investigation in response to shareholder demand.
- Federal Bar Council
- New York City Bar Association