Jillian Berman joins PLI Panel on Corporate Internal Investigations
On June 29, 2023, LSW partner Jillian Berman joined distinguished practitioners Maria Cruz Melendez, Jeremy H. Temkin and Joon Kim at the Practising Law Institute’s annual Internal Investigations Program to address the fundamentals of conducting an effective and efficient corporate internal investigation.
Program participants will learn best practices for:
- gathering documents;
- interviewing employees – current and former;
- addressing employee issues and obligations: advice, rights and liability in light of recent cases; and
- dealing with the auditors.
In addition, the panelists discuss strategies to:
- protect the investigation: attorney-client privilege and work product issues;
- identify representational issues;
- properly administer warnings to witnesses;
- respond to questions from interviewees;
- avoid obstruction issues; and
- navigate ethical dilemmas that arise.
The panel was part of a full day CLE program dedicated to corporate internal investigations, and is available on demand here.
PLI is a pre-eminent nonprofit organization, committed to enhancing the knowledge and expertise of practicing lawyers through accredited continuing legal education programs taught by volunteer speaker who are widely recognized as experts in their fields.